Yesterday I was so fortunate as to have one of my favorite people stop by. Kirsten was in the neighborhood and she brought muffins. I love muffins. Blueberry, lemon, banana, chocolate chip...you name it...I'll eat it (except for poppy seed. For some reason I just don't like poppy seeds) Anyway, Kirsten brought me a bunch of super huge, super delicious, super fantastically moist muffins from Costco...you know, the ones that are bigger than the state of Texas? So yum! It was so nice to have a friend visit. I've been home for several weeks not wanting to take my newest little pumpkin out in December to mingle with the colds and flus...I mean people...that are so packed in during this fun holiday shopping season. Thanks, Kirsten, for bring me your sunshine! ...and muffins!
In a separate but yet somehow related topic...I got my jeans on yesterday! Granted, they were super low cut and had the "comfort fit" elastic stuff woven into them so I was able to suck it in and still stretch the fabric together just enough to get the zipper up and the button snapped. The little teeth on the zipper were clenched so tightly I thought they were going to have an anurism and I'm stunned that the button didn't shoot off and break a light fixture...BUT I GOT THEM ON! Now, how does this relate to the delicious calorie laiden morsels that my sweet friend brought me yesterday? Muffin top! For someone like me who has never experience "muffin top" or don't know what it is, it can come as quite a shock. Muffin top is when your stomach and/or "love handles" hang over the sides of your jeans. ...not quite as cute as the delectable pastries they are named after. And yet, I will still continue to smash, stretch, tuck, and otherwise squeeze myself into my jeans.
Here's to muffin tops! ...crunches to follow
1 month ago
8 comments:
That is awesome you had a visitor. If we lived closer I would be a daily visitor! :) I could finally meet Ami and cute Livi. haha yes, that will happen one day; my two year old cousin I have yet to meet. ha Also, I need your current address...so we can send a baby shower invite!!
hehe!! i love the post!! I totally understand about the muffin top all to well unfortunately!! :( better do some crunches myself. :) I'm glad you had a visitor. it's always nice to have visitors and yummy treats...
That's AWESOME!!! I've never heard it called that, and yet, I deal with it daily since the baby was born.
Glad you're all doing good!
You're so funny and I love your posts. Your little gal is too cute all dressed up to go out!
I'm thinking that Tuesdays are official blogging catch up days in our ward, myself included. I thought I was the only one, but let the blog roll run through begin!!
I never knew that muffins with a friend and her adorable family were so much better tasting than eating them alone. :) I do have a muffin top though so I should start on the crunches, or maybe I'll just eat another muffin.
just the fact that you fit in your jeans....makes me want to vomit...i am still trying to fit in mine...muffin top and all 2 1/2 years later....you stink. You know i love ya sis!
your little one is so cute!!! What a doll! I saw you on sunday and wanted to say hi but I missed yah!! Glad you got some adult time, that is always a must have to keep you sane.
Whatever! That is all I have to say to you Mrs. Queen of Harts!!!
Post a Comment