Thursday, December 18, 2008

What do Harry Potter and food storage have in common?

They both live in little cubbies under the stairs!

During the spring of this year, we put in wood floors. A week later, our neighbors (we share a wall in our condo) let their toilet overflow...all night long. The water came through the wall to our bathroom and completely destroyed our new flooring and some of the drywall. The soggy drywall had to be cut out leaving gaping holes in the walls. So, why am I smiling? Because we have great insurance that paid for everything! AND...one of the holes revealed a rather large plot of undiscovered territory just waiting to be claimed! I called up my brother, Jeremy, and put him to work. First, he fixed my floors and then he put in the midget door. Thanks, again, Jerm! I love it! So much space just for our food storage. Now I just have to get more food to store. If something were to happen right now we'd be chawin' on hard red wheat and rolled oats. It wouldn't be so bad if we were horses. A work in progress...that's what it is. Like so many of my unfinished projects. But it is exciting! Who knew #10 cans and dry non-fat milk could be so inspiring?

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm jealous! I dont have any undiscovered space or existing storage space in our home :( I'm excited for you though. Food storage is so inspiring. Soon you will be dreaming of powdered milk!

Aurie Jenkins said...

thats so nice!! See craziness can turn into great things... :O) Looks like yall are off to a great start... it is inspiring, I am rent a canner from the cannery to bring home and can a bunch of stuff in March.... maybe I can catch up with yah!

Amanda XOX said...

AWESOME!!! I love it! And your titles are so catchy too!

Mark and Aubrey said...

Wow, what a blessing in disguise. I'm still trying to figure out where I'm going to shove everything. Good luck with the no dairy diet. I definitely sympathize with you.

Anonymous said...

I wish we had some undiscovered space in our apt. ha That is so awesome! :)