Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby in Waiting

We are expecting this little girl to come any time now. I'm dialated, contracting, and impatient. It's become increasingly difficult to walk, sleep, eat, and breath. BUT I also know that every day my little bun is in the oven she is growing, her lungs are developing, and she has less chance of trouble at birth.
I feel a little overwhelmed with thought of being the mother of four. The responsibility of teaching my children to be kind, clever, honest, and all around exceptional people is tremendous. (...not to mention feeding, bathing, cleaning up after, and driving them to and fro.) I also feel blessed beyond measure to be able to raise these four little spirits in the gospel. How people manage without the guiding hand of a loving Heavenly Father is beyond me. The comfort of knowing the values to instill and having a "handbook" of sorts to do it from is a treasure. I know that I will be pulling my hair out during the day and walking like a zombie up and down the halls at night, but I also know that I don't have to do it alone. I am so so lucky to have at man at my side that loves me (despite my smelly feet and bad hair :)) a herd of sisters, mothers, and friends that have "been there" before, and a heavenly father to talk to when the above-mentioned support group is sleeping. To my team of family and friends I say thank you, I love you...and be ready for my frantic phone calls when I haven't gotten enough sleep and my words are slurred and I either can stop laughing or crying because I'm delerious....you know how I get!
Anyways, my little heart sob rant must come to an end. Please send me your best vibes for a speed delivery and a happy healthy bebe.

7 comments:

Amanda XOX said...

Oh hang in there!! You're such a great little mommy and don't forget all the experience you already have! I can't wait to find out what her name is. You have great names for your kiddos and great models for your hair bows =o)

Kirsten said...

You are the most amazing mom I know. You will do fantastic as a mother of 4 and you know you are well loved by family and friends who are more that reading and willing to help. I'm going to start making muffins so they will be ready for you. :) Good Luck, I hope she comes soon, because I want to hold her.

Rebecca said...

We love you Keri and good luck with everything that will come oh so soon! Can't wait to see all of you!

(Oh and I would love if you posted my itsy etsy store on your site! Thanks!)

IH-Texas said...

Best vibes.... speedy delivery... pain free delivery.... healthy baby... lots of sleep, speedy recovery.... best vibes best vibes best vibes Love you! Miss you! Rub the little bun from Auntie Aim and Uncle Neil

lacie tidwell said...

Oh sweetie! We are praying for you and your little one!!! please let us know ANYTHING we can do!!! Love you!

Robyn said...

I can't believe how amazing you look. I hope all goes well for you. Remember I'll take your kids any time I can get 'em. You are a fantastic mother. I have never met children as polite and well behaved as your little crew. What ever you are doing works!

Heidi Blackwell said...

I love u and your little family more that you know!